ads

Search ContentKenya

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting Backlinks

Now this may not come as a surprise to you but this might - they have a lot of juice for terms that are not even relevant to the authority sites main keyword. An authority site is just that - an authority. Perhaps this would be better phrased as an authority site is any site that has built up trust with Google. Once that trust is formed Google assigns a lot of weight to the links that these sites display. Whether the outbound links are on topic or not, the results are the same - the recipient of the link will see an immediate benefit in the serp rankings for the keyword used in the link.

Conventional wisdom has held that only relevant links from relevant sites will give you the G juice you need. I believed this myself for a long time and still do - these are the best links you can hope for - but... It is now apparent that relevant links from irrelevant authority sites have just about as much weight.

What is an Authority Site?

So how can you know if you are an authority site? Google doesn't send you an email telling you that your site rocks.

Well... actually they do in their own way.

Check this out:

(Click images to enlarge)







Regular readers will know who these 3 sites belong to; Vic at BloggerUnleashed.com, Court at CourtneyTuttle.com and of course myself.

If you want to know if Google has trust in your site just type the keywords in your domain name (url) into the search box and see what they return.

When you get listed on top of the serp's for your domain keywords then you are the authority for those keywords and you will see the site-links listed below the indexed blurb. (The site-links will not appear if you haven't interlinked your pages properly but you will still be considered an authority)

Now I mention this because my goal is to get all of you, my friends and readers, ranking as authority sites as well. The reason is simple. There are a lot of wonderful people in our little group, or network if you will, and we can and should help each other out. The more of us with authority the easier it will be to help each of us dominate our niches. I have no problem sharing page 1 on the serp's with all my friends and not my competitors.

It has become obvious that all the competitive niches are dominated by small networks of blogs who have traded links amongst themselves. The MMO niche is no exception - there are two major groups vying for page 1 domination; the group I belong to and another group of a dozen or so blogs all linked together. I'd like to see several others join our group and we can do it by sending them authority links.

There are far too many friends to mention everyone by name because I will surely leave someone out but my plan is simple. I started a "Reader Review" section below the main post and I plan on sending out links to everyone who has written an on topic post about my blog. It doesn't matter if you have a "shoe" blog - if you write a post about "Making Money Online Selling Shoes" and link to me with a MMO keyword (any main or longtail will do) then I can send a legitimate keyword anchored link back to you. This solves two problems that has bothered me about link love in the past; sending links out to irrelevant sites without the no-follow tag could be seen as a paid link (even if it isn't) and this will build relevancy for both sites. The "Shoe blog" isn't relevant but the post "Making Money Online Selling Shoes" will be and my return link will include a useful keyword like "Croc Shoes" or whatever is most appropriate depending on the blog's target.

This system will allow non-relevant blogs to pass decent link juice amongst each other without running any risks with G. No paid link problems and a real human reader will see how the posts are relevant to one another even if the niches aren't.

I don't care if you are a PRO - I will still send you a PR4 link back. My link will help the PR of the page you have your link to me on and by next update the page should have picked up some authority and PR. This in turn helps me as your page and site ages. It's all good.

Using my Reader Review post is also a quick way to get your new sites indexed. I will change the home page post a couple of times a week but this will give G enough time to track down each link and index the site at the other end. The posts will be rotated from the PR4 front page to a back page (What my Readers Think) with all the other Review posts as new posts are added on the home page. The back page is PR0 at the moment but this will change as of next update as I am building links to the page. Eventually you will get a home page link first and then a permanent link from my secondary page which will increase in value as it's PR grows.

I hope this isn't too complicated as I am going to suggest you all do the same thing on your sites. Sitewide Blogroll links are great but you can't add hundreds of outbound links to a sidebar. Also a sidebar link has no content. The reader review section does have content and this gives the link much more credibility. This is also a good way of sharing some traffic with your friends.

I haven't asked Vic or Court or anyone else for that matter to join in on this. This is what I'm doing and if the rest of you want to participate then please feel free to start a Reader Review section of your own. When people link to you - link back. Yes this is reciprocal linking but it is the only way to get those "targeted anchored Keywords" that you need to increase your authority. Give out a anchored keyword link and get one back. Simple.

Links don't always show up in a timely fashion so I would suggest that if any of you have written a post or write a new one then email me the url that has the link to me in it. I can then put your post in the queue for a return link. It wouldn't hurt to let me know what keyword you would like me to use as well.

I would like to create a list of friendly sites willing to join in on this - you don't need to be an authority site. Everyone is welcome and hopefully you will all become authority sites in no time.

If interested email me your info and I will publish a list of blogs who are willing to share links with others. I will publish the list on...

drum roll please....




1 comment:

  1. This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

    -Phone hacks (remotely)
    -Credit repair
    -Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
    -Make money from home (USA only)
    -Social media hacks
    -Website hacks
    -Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
    -Grade change
    -funds recovery

    Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete